Thursday, October 15, 2015

Interview with LoveLivAutum!

Hey!
I haven't done an interview in a while, and who better to do it with than with Valerie aka LoveLivAutum! You may recognize her from one of American Girl's new Behind The Scenes youtube videos and their Holiday 2015 catalogue! Valerie was recently invited to the American Girl headquarters in Middleton, Wisconsin! She was treated like royalty by AG, and even got to work on a top secret project with them! She shared some exclusive photos with me to show my readers! Read below to hear more about her fabulous trip!

EDS: Tell us everything about your trip!
LoveLivAutum: One day I was checking my YouTube email and saw I had a PM (the message I sent you.) I think I was actually shaking when I read it. They started saying how they would like to call and wanted to work with me! It was crazy (and so unreal.) They flew me out to Middleton, WI July 1st (I left very early on the 3rd, short trip!) When I got there they wanted us to call and drive to the factory right away. When I got there at least 50 people (and tons of cameras) were outside filming me drive/walk in. Everything was so unbelievable, and the staff was so nice! The first day they filmed me for a bit then told me the plan of what we were going to do. Then the 2nd day we got to work right away. The picture in the catalogue actually took 6 hours to finalize! After that they gave me a tour of packaging facility, doll hospital, and call center. They also had me mix and match a bunch of outfits (I guess they're actually going to display one of my outfits in some of the larger AG stores)!

EDS: How did American Girl contact you?
LoveLivAutum: The first message was through a YouTube PM then the rest were/are through email.

EDS: What was your favorite part about being at American Girl?
LoveLivAutum: My favorite part was definitely helping design the picture. I had so much fun moving the dolls, throwing the snow, and setting the table. Honestly the whole trip was amazing, but after helping with the set, I think I found where I want to work when I'm older!

EDS: Who did you meet while at American Girl?
LoveLivAutum: So many people, I can't even remember everyones occupation. I got to meet the art directors, some designers, set designer, stylist, social media manger (she's the one who emails me, and actually runs AG's Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!), photographers, and the president of the company! Like I said, lots of people.

EDS: Did you get anything special from AG?
LoveLivAutum: Of course the experience itself, they also gave me several doll outfits, Grace's suitcase, the Grace movie & soundtrack, and Caroline! It was so sweet, and of course not necessary.

EDS: How long were you there?
LoveLivAutum: July 1st-July 3rd. It was a VERY short trip (I'll definitely have to make my way back to visit the area).

EDS: Do you plan on having a career in AG when youre older?
LoveLivAutum: Definitely! My problem is choosing what I want to do there. All of the people I worked with looked like the had such fun jobs.

EDS: What is the meaning behind your unique username?
LoveLivAutum: My username is a bit of a long story, but there was this sheltie that I would visit (I called her Autum, I didn't know the correct spelling of Autumn.) Unfortunately she had a heart murmur though, so she passed away at a really young age. I made my YouTube channel 3-4 months after her passing and wanted to preserve her memory, so that's where love and live come from.

Here are some pictures from Valerie's trip to the American Girl Headquarters


This is the original YouTube PM Valerie got.


Here is Valerie mixing-and-matching some outfits. Some of her creations will even be in the larger American Girl Places! Did you know that ALL dolls, clothing and accessories are hand packaged at the headquarters?


Valerie having fun on the set.


Valerie posing the model dolls for the shoot.


Did you know that the Grace doll and the Truly Me #27 dolls are Valerie's own dolls (Eleanor and Emma)? How cool!


Valerie even got to keep this parking sign that American Girl made her. It is currently hanging up in her room!


Here is the finished product! Valerie's photo is featured in the Holiday 2015 (Together We Make The Holidays) Catalogue! Can you believe this photo took over six hours to perfect?

Thank you so much Valerie for letting me interview you for my blog! You were a pleasure to work with!

Connect with Valerie on Social Media!
INSTAGRAM: @lovelivautum
YOUTUBE: lovelivautum

No comments:

Post a Comment