Monday, August 10, 2015

My Story Was Featured in the "AGIG Insider" Online Magazine!

Hey!

I have some great news! I was just featured on the newest (and first) issue of a new online doll magazine started by Maddie aka TaffyTheDuck on Instagram! She started the "AGIG Insider" which is a very professional and amazing online magazine. She is also the originator of the "AGIG Trend Project", which got the hashtag #AGIG trending on Instagram on July 3, 2015. Maddie is just filled with great ideas!

She hosted a short story contest to be featured in the "AGIG Insider" first issue, and I entered at the last minute, and I am very surprised, blessed and thrilled to be chosen as one of the three winners. The stories were all read through and the winners were all handpicked by Maddie and her brother Mark (@taffythebrother on Instagram). I'm excited beyond words for this opportunity, thank you!

My winning story, "Curiosity Killed The Cat" will be posted on the blog in the near future. I originally wrote the story as a 2015 "entry" for American Girl's Finding Friendship Story Contest from 2011. I wrote it with the rules from the contest by using 500-1000 words and my story started with "You wouldn't think two girls who were so different could be such good friends, but..."! And when I found out about this short story contest, I knew I should enter this piece!

Here is the link to the "AGIG Insider Magazine". My story is on pages 17-18, but you should really check out the entire magazine. It's brilliant! And I am so happy to be apart of this! Sadly the magazine is only available on PCs and other desktop computers (no mobile devices). You can read the online magazine for free, or you could order a hard copy for $5.32-$7.22. I just might have to get a hard copy!

I cant wait for the next issue and I hope you all love this magazine as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment