Saturday, August 8, 2015

American Girl Place Boston Visit, Meetup & Meeting Author {8-7-15}

Yesterday I went to American Girl Place Boston and met the American Girl Author Mary Casanova! Mary has written the Girl of the Year books for Jess, Chrissa, McKenna and Grace! She was very nice and was very interested in the American Girl Instagram community and my doll photography. She signed and wrote a little note in my "Meet Jess", "Meet Chrissa", "Meet McKenna" and "Meet Grace" books! We talked for a bit, then I got a photo with her.

After that, it was time for the meetup! This was such a big meetup! I have never hosted/ been to a meetup this big before! My amazing personal shopper, Deborah gave everyone little American Girl goody bags! THANK YOU DEBORAH! The people who attended the meetup were:
- @oaktreedollss
- @agzepard
- @americangirlamazing
- @sew.dolliess
- @ag_cheesecake
- @piercethedolls
- @aglabradorstudios
- @agmacaroons
- @cityscapedolls
- @ag.sparkle.productions ( and her friend)
The meetup was so amazing and so fun! I had such a good time chatting and shopping with everyone! We took a group photo of girls and a group photo of dolls (aglabradorstudios is sadly missing from both).

While we were shopping, I asked my mom if I could get a new doll, since I had enough money. I was fully expecting the answer to be no, but to my surprise, she said yes! I had a very hard time deciding between Rebecca and Caroline, but ultimately I chose Caroline (with the help of Deborah and my meetup friends), since she retiring this month. So we are overjoyed to announce the arrival of dolly number seventeen, Caroline Parsons Abbott!

Here is a list of everything I got at American Girl Place Boston on August 7, 2015:
- Caroline Doll & Book
- Boston Store Exclusive T-shirt for Dolls*
- Apricot Poodle Puppy
- Service Dog In Training Vest
- Bitty Baby Basics Elephant Leggings*
- Bitty Baby Basics Sweet Dots Top*
- "Grace Makes It Great" Book (book 3)

[*items were on sale]

It was such a great day, and I cant wait until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So while it's true that the people make an event (and the people definitely made any event!) this space definitely adds a different dimension to it. Went to the gallery space for rent NYC for an evening event and I was really impressed.

    ReplyDelete