Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Farewell to Anna Basilmentos!

As some of you may know, Anna aka Basilmentos announced last night that she is leaving for college today, August 18, 2015, and will no longer be posting regular videos. This crushed many AGIGers and AGTubers (including me), but she needs to move on with her life.

This is very sad to have Anna leaving. We all love her stopmotions and her photos. She inspired so many of us to start AGTube and AGIG. She made the what was the first stop motion any of us saw, and she inspired us to start doing what we love with our dolls.

I wrote a letter to Anna about her leaving and I really hope she sees this and knows how much we appreciate her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anna,
I can't believe I'm writing this. I can't believe you are about to leave. I can't believe we won't see anymore videos of Gabby singing, Honey running away, Julia's rainbow loom addiction or Nali's fashion. Congratulations on getting into a university, Anna! The whole AG fandom is really excited for you. I know that this is a big step in your life, and if you need us, we'll always be here!

This is really hitting me hard. You leaving crushes me inside. You were the creator of the first stop motion video many of us (including me) watched. I even named my 10th doll Anna after you! You continue to amaze me everyday and every time you post a video. You make the dolls look alive. They move effortlessly and your stop motions are really a joy to watch. Anytime a new Basilmentos stop motion comes out, I stop what I'm doing and watch the amazingness you created.

I like to think of AGIG as a kingdom, and you are the queen. You have the most subscribers and most followers, and if you like or comment on a video or photo, we all spazz out like an ant whose had too much caffeine. We can't believe Anna Basilmentos, the queen of our lives, took time out of her busy life to like my picture. Do you know how much that means? That you like my picture? It boosts everyone's self confidence levels, and tells them that they can do anything. That they can be as great as you if the put in all of the hard work and determination.

Anna, we understand that going to college is a stage in everyone's life, and although we will miss you terribly, we know that you're at this stage in your life, and you need to move on.
I am almost in tears writing this. That Basilmentos is leaving. But I know that this is best, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you in the future, and hope that when you are on breaks and whatnot, you decide to make more videos.

Thank you for bringing Felicity, Samantha, Sarah, Nali, Julia, Gabby, Ellie, Camille & Eva Adele and all of their spunky personalities, into all of our lives. The queen has resigned from her throne. Thank you, Anna. You will be missed so greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment