Wednesday, May 20, 2015

New BeForever Character - 1954 Maryellen Clarisse Larkin!


Most of you have heard about the new BeForever Character, Maryellen Clarisse Larkin! Her prototype photos have been surfing the internet for about a year now, and I'm so excited that her rumors are finally confirmed.

American Girl posted this on Facebook on May 13 at exactly 2:00:


Here are some of her prototype photos:




Her BeForever book volumes are entitled "The One and Only" and "Taking Off"and are available on Amazon for pre-order. She also will have a journey book entitled "The Sky's The Limit". Her books are written my my fabulous friend, Valerie Tripp. The title of her first volume of books was taken from the lyrics of the 1950s inspired hit song by Meghan Trainor called "Dear Future Husband".


Maryellen Volume 1 "The One and Only" Summary:
Maryellen Larkin is nine years old and longs to stand out, but in a family with five brothers and sisters, its easy to get lost in a shuffle! A painting mishap gains her some attention, but not the kind she's been longing for. Being invited to stay in at recess and practice her handwriting earns Maryellen a new friend, but what does that mean for her old friendships? Then, Maryellen is wishing for a white Christmas like the ones in the movies (not very likely in Florida!). Will she find a way to make her dream come true?


Maryellen Volume 2 "Taking Off" Summary:
Turning ten is a big deal, and Maryellen Larkin wants to celebrate it in avery special way. Will she choose a western theme or decide on a superstar celebration, or will the event turn out to be something even Maryellen doesn't expect? And which party participant surprises her the most? Then, dad comes home with a silver surprise and big plans for a family vacation. On the trip, what will Maryellen discover about Joan and her wedding plans? What will Maryellen decide about her own plans and "flying high"?


Maryellen Journey Book "The Sky's The Limit" Summary:
What if you suddenly found yourself in Maryellen's world during the 1950s? How would your life be changed, what would you do to fit in - and more importantly, what would you do to stand out? Join Maryellen on an adventure where the two of you can put on poodle skirts and head to a school dance (they were called sock hops back then!), enter a contest, or take a trip in a streamlined silver camper that looks like a rocket ship! Your journey back in time can take whatever twists and turns you choose, as you select from a variety of exciting options in this multiple-ending story.

Some people are thinking her stories take place during the Space Race since they are in the 50s and considering the titles of her books. It also says in her journey Book's summary that her camper "looks like a rocket ship" and why else would there be a significant mention of a rocket ship, I wonder?


Here is her mini doll: 


I cant wait for her release on August 27, 2015!

Photo credits to @agupdatenews on Instagram.

4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful and I can't wait to add my 50s girl to my collection. I've waited forever for a 50s girl in the line and she is going to be my everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful and I can't wait to add my 50s girl to my collection. I've waited forever for a 50s girl in the line and she is going to be my everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet her, so far I haven't had a favorite historical character and miss Ellie as I will prolly call her will be my first favorite. I love her and I know everyone else will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet her, so far I haven't had a favorite historical character and miss Ellie as I will prolly call her will be my first favorite. I love her and I know everyone else will too.

    ReplyDelete